How to create a video post
NOTE: If you find that you are unable to follow this process, please use the Report a Bug link to let us know so that we can assist with the issue.
You can add a video from YouTube to your thoughts.com blog by using our Video Post selection.
ON YOU TUBEFirst, locate the video that you want to use on YouTube. This will provide you with the code you want to use to place the video on your blog.
- View of You Tube main page.Click “Share” on YouTube and you’ll see a box with a highlighted URL. It will look like this.
- View of video within You Tube (figure#1)You can also copy the URL at the top of the screen to do this. Both will work.
- View of video within You Tube (figure#2)
But DON’T use the old embed code format from YouTube.
- View of video within You Tube (figure#3)
Go to your thoughts.com page and click on your user name in the top right corner to open the dropdown box. Now select Video, which is the middle icon for post types.
- View in Thoughts (figure#1)
Give your post a title to let people know what they’ll be seeing.
Place your cursor in the box that says “URL” and click the RIGHT button on your mouse. Use the Paste command to drop the URL from YouTube in the field. Do NOT erase the “http” from the URL you paste in. (For those who like keyboard shortcuts, hold down the CTRL key and hit the “v” key to insert the URL.)
- View in Thoughts (figure#2)You will now see the video in your post. You can add a description below if you’d like. Also, assign the post a Topic or two to help people find it.
Now, click the green Create Post button at the bottom of the page and your video will be available on your blog.
- View in Thoughts (figure#3)NOTE: If you find that you are unable to follow this process, please use the Report a Bug link to let us know so that we can assist with the issue.